Happy Birthday Jacq! This year you turn 24! Anyway, here's how I celebrated my 24th birthday. I'm really glad that my birthday falls on wednesday. I like wednesday because many great things happens on that day. Like any other day, I went to work. The programme in store for the day was to celebrate it with the gang of 4 which consists of the admin executive, FA artist and my ex intern friend.
The first part of the day was pretty mundane and boring. At 4.30pm I received an sms from the admin executive telling me that she found a birthday in the fridge but we had no idea who was it for. I tried to convince myself that it wasn't for me so I told the admin executive that it might be for my boss because his birthday will be a week after mine. She kept speculating and deduce that it's going to be for me. I refuse to believe and at around 5pm I saw my operation manager and the account director walking up to the admin executive and for no reason the 3 of them burst out in laughter. Somehow there's a gut feeling that tells me, they're talking about the cake. Went out to the toilet and the moment I came back, the admin executive kept smiling to me and I went like..."Are you crazy?" Why do you keep smiling?" Her reply was...I'm feeling hungry. That's like the biggest clue she could give me about the cake. I walked back to my seat and saw the operation manager and the account director behaving suspiciously at the pantry and have suspected that they had something to do with the cake. Initially I wanted to go to the pantry to refill my water but I thought it's better not to spoil the surprise they've been planning. A minute later, the operation manager took out the lighted cake and walked to my room. It was one of those super awkward moment because only 2 person were singing the birthday song for me. The operation manager was a little fed up because nobody joined her to sing the birthday song but oh well, the rest of the others were "irritating people and people whom I don't really like so even if they kept their mouth sealed, it doesn't really bothers me". So my operation manager brought the cake to my desk and told me to make a wish. Just then the account manager walks out and along the way he said,"Your birthday wish should be...I hope to leave this agency as soon as possible." Don't know why that sentence somehow got on my nerves and made me feel annoyed with his sarcastic remarks. Oh well these people are weird. Neither do I understand why the operation manager bought me a cake too. Sometimes she treat me nice and yet some days she's nasty. But on that day she was nice because as I was about to go off, I went to her room to thank her. She smiled at me and said....quick go celebrate your birthday and it's wednesday too!
Other than that, I think the cake was a horror because it was a coffee cake from bengawan solo. It's the worst cake ever. Ultra dry and the cake makes my throat unwell too. But the later part of the day got better. Enjoyed myself laughing and having fun with the gang of 4. The funniest thing that ever occurred was when the admin executive presented me my present that freaks me out for the first 15 minutes. It's black and has a tail. Guess what's that? It's a black rat soft toy in a transparent bag and I was too afraid to accept the present and the 3 of them had that disastrous expression on their face. But awhile later it wasn't that scary and I'm having fun with it instead.
After the celebration, daisy said she wanted to meet me but I was out till late and told her that I'll meet her the next day instead. Since I was at chinatown, I decided to take the purple line and alight at serangoon mrt and called daisy up to meet her at her house bus stop. Surprisingly she told me she was waiting for me at AMK mrt station but decided to meet at her house bus stop instead. That's when I had a shocked. The first thing she did was to hand me my present and told me to open it up. It was a book by Mitch Albom entitled "Have a little Faith". There were messages within the book and I was even more shocked after reading. Besides daisy there were also some other amplify friends waiting at AMK mrt station. They waited with a cake hoping to surprise me but too bad I came by the other way instead and all of them had went home by the time I arrive because It was close to midnight. Nice surprise! And still, I'm thankful that God blessed me with a great bunch of people and so much love on that day. :)
Labels: Celebration, Happy
Happy Birthday Jacq!